1. Did you always want to be a hairstylist?
– I always had an interest in fashion and studied art whilst trying to forge a career in music. Hairdressing found me quite quickly though.
2. Where did you train to be a hairstylist?
I originally trained with my mother’s hairdresser, an absolute legend of a man named Robert Taylor in my hometown of Sheffield. As soon as I qualified though, I moved to London to take up a position with Vidal Sassoon – I was there for almost 18 years!
3. Do you have a typical day or is every day different?
Every day is different; I have to say this is something I really value. The diversity certainly stimulates me mentally.
4. What motivates you to work with hair everyday?
Our motto at Saco is ‘Beauty First’ and I believe it is the rewards you gain from making people look and feel good which motivates every hairdresser on a daily basis – I’m no exception.
5. In your opinion what is the most important part of our craft?
The ability to see the positive attributes in each individual, the development of self-discipline and to enjoy people – after all there is no escaping them in our business!
6. Who inspires you?
The teams I work with, their energy and drive are a true inspiration.
7. How do you relax?
I love to do Triathlon – training for triathlons gives me time to de-stress and energizes me at the same time.
8. Do you have a signature haircut that defines you and says who you are?
I’m always in search of the perfect line – it’s my ‘Holy Grail’. I think simplicity can deliver the strongest statement.
9. What scissors do you use and why?
I use the new Saco Master scissors. I have just worked with Japanese scissor guru Mizutani to make what we believe are the perfect scissors – for me anyway! They’re beautifully made (by hand) and very affordable – everyone should be able to use quality tools I believe.
10. Do you miss standing behind a chair in a salon and cutting twelve client’s hair?
Erm… no! I did it for many years and believe it made me the hairdresser I am today but it’s not something I want to return to in a hurry.
For further press information on Saco, please contact Rebecca McCosh at Alison Jameson Consultants on +(0)131 621 7210 or email